-Our aim is to find out how does the garbage enzymes work and what are the effects of the enzymes.
Set up the apparatus. Peel out skin of fruits and prepare the unwanted vegetables. When ready, put 100g of Brown sugar into the single plastic container. After that, add the skin of the fruits as well as unwanted vegetables into the plastic container.
Add with a ratio of 3:1:10 which is the fruit/organic waste to brown sugar to water respectively. Seal the container after that tightly. For the first month, make sure to open the container daily and for the second month make sure to open the container every week this is to ensure that the gases doesn't get trapped inside such as carbon dioxide. (This is to ensure that the container does not bloat and start leaking). By the final month, the garbage enzymes can be taken out to be tested.
The garbage enzymes would act like a cleaning agent which would be able to clean up stains, mopping the floor etc.
-unwanted fruits and vegetable ( organic materials only )
-Area that the container is being left in
-Duration of the fermentation
-Time of the opening of the containers
-The ratio of sugar, water, waste used
- Use plastic container with air-tight cap, preferably with bigger cap. Avoid using those soft drink bottles with small caps. They are the ones that may even "explode" if left unopened. Do not use glass containers.
- Mix 1 part brown sugar, 3 parts organic (fruit & vege) waste, and 10 parts water.
- Leave some space for fermentation.
- Close the lid tightly.
- Initially,release the bottle cap at least once a day, to let out the built-up gas.
- After a few days, gas built-up will be reduced.
- Gently shake the bottle to mix the garbage, once every few days.
- During the process, white, black or brown residue may form at the top. Just ignore them.
- After 3 months, the enzyme is ready for use.